After a difficult birth, parents must often cope with the physical and/or emotional scars left behind. Many parents are surprised to find out how stressful planning another pregnancy can also be! ICAN is here to listen and support you on your journey.
Moms may face physical pain, emotional distress, regret, relief, fear, or any number of other challenges. Babies may struggle with nursing or other physical and emotional issues. Dads, and other supporting friends may not know how to help their loved ones.
It’s ok. We understand. We’re here to help.
We are a group who have been affected by cesarean birth in some way. Many of us have experienced one or more cesareans. Others are professionals in the field of childbirth, trained to assist families.
We provide a safe environment where you can speak openly about your cesarean experience, ask questions, or just listen and know you are among others who understand.
If you’re planning for another birth, we can provide support as you prepare for a VBAC or repeat cesarean.
It’s ok to be where you are at right now. It’s ok to need help.
We’ve been there, and we’re here for you.
Network of local chapters – worldwide!
- Find a chapter near you
- Attend a support group meeting in person!
Online support options
- Support Webinars for ICAN Members
- ICAN Facebook Page
- ICAN Facebook Group
- Many local chapters offer online support via their Facebook group/page!
- Professional Members – Professional Members are those birth professionals who have partnered with ICAN because they believe in our mission. It is up to you to determine if they are a good fit for your birth and/or support needs. ICAN does not endorse any provider.
- White Papers – A White Paper by definition is an authoritative report or guide helping readers to understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision. It can also be an article that states an organization’s position or philosophy about a social or political subject. ICAN’s White Papers offer a variety of birth related information and resources. The goal is to promote informed consent. ICAN’s White Papers are free to download and distribute while retaining ICAN’s copyright.