All ICAN Chapters must:
- Hold meetings at least 6 times a year.
- Complete a Chapter Quarterly Report (CQR). This takes a few minutes and can be submitted with ease online.
- Attend a virtual continuing education meeting each quarter for one hour.
- Complete a financial report once every 6 months to send to the ICAN Treasurer. This typically takes around 15 minutes to complete, but often takes less time for new or small chapters with little or no transactions.
- Complete a yearly inventory of any chapter items (books, brochures, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries your chapter receives by phone, email, or social media in a timely manner.
Some chapters choose to go beyond these basic requirements and have monthly meetings, hold chapter fundraisers, have informational booths at local events, etc., but these things aren’t required. We understand that each area has its own unique needs, and we respect our volunteers’ availability.